WELCOME TO CENTRE FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT (CITM) UNIT.
The Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM) is a Unit under the Rectory which provides important tools such as: supporting delivery of information technology processing and adding credibility to all information generated in the College.
Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM) was formerly called Management Information System (MIS) unit. The unit was formerly designed to capture, store, and process information for management’s use.
The First Director of Management Information System (MIS) was Mr. S.O. Oni. He served the unit between 1987 and 1995. Between 1995 and 1998, Mrs. I.A. Odusote was the Director of the unit. Mrs. A.O. Itegboje took over the leadership of the unit in September 2002.
During her tenure M.I.S engaged in:
1. Development and management of the new college portal.
2. Managing the College IT Resources.
3. Maintenance and repair of the computer systems in the college.
4. Managing the College Local Area Network (LAN), Intranet and Internet Access.
5. Giving technical advice on computers and computer related acquisition.
6. Software Development.
Due to this expansion, an approval was sought for changing the unit’s name to Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM). Her tenure spanned to December 2009.
Dr. I.K Oyeyinka was appointed as the Director of Management Information System (MIS) with effect from January 1, 2010. Under his Leadership, approval was given by the management to change Management Information System (MIS) to Centre for Information Technology and Management (CITM) effective from January 18, 2010.
Dr. A.O. Ayannuga was appointed Director from January 2014 till June 2017,After which Dr.V.A Haastrup was appointed thereafter to August 2018.
In September 2018, the acting Director CITM was Mr. Aigbokhan Edwin Enaholo. He served in that capacity for five months, thereafter,
Dr. Olusola Olurotimi Oyebola served as Director CITM till January 7, 2020.
Currently, the Director is Dr. Adigun J.O. and Mr. Aigbokhan Edwin Enaholo is the Deputy Director.
1. Network infrastructure procurement, design, development and deployment.
2. Development and management of the College portal.
3. Managing the College IT Resources.
4. Maintenance and repair of computer systems
5. Software development.
6. Managing the college Local Area Network (LAN), Intranet and Internet Access.
7. Giving technical advice on computers and computer related acquisition.
8. Giving IT training to the staff of the college.
1. Information Processing Department
2. Systems Development, Hardware and Training Department
5. Software Development
DUTIES OF EACH DEPARTMENT
A. Information Processing Department
1. Staff Information database management
2. NBTE data.
3. Step-B data.
4. Students Result Processing for all schools
5. Students information database managment
6. Attending to Students issues and complaints.
7. Processing of reports for the management & outside organizations such as NBTE, Ministry of Education, State Government etc.
8. Updating and processing of staff information.
9. Attends to admission issues.
10. Use of OMR Machines.
B. Hardware and Training Department
1. Maintenance, installation and repair of all computing equipment of the college.
2. Identifying training needs of the college.
3. Organizing training for staff.
4. Identifying programming needs of the college.
5. Developing business rules for automating college processes.
1. Writing programs and software for college operations.
2. Developing databases for college data.
D. YabaNet Department
1. Management of students databases
2. Attending to issues and students complaints.
3. Online admissions administration
4. Online clearance administration
5. Online registration administration
6. Helpdesk management.
7. Providing internet services to the college community.
8. Maintenance of college network and
9. Attending to network faults and users request.
Software developed by CITM are listed below.
1. Online Application system
2. Post UTME application system
3. Integration with banks (3 banks)
4. New matriculation number generation program
5. Students bio-data systems
6. Online admission systems
7. Online admission letter printing systems
8. Online clearance system
9. Online acceptance fee payment.
10. Online School fees payment
11. New College website
12. Online Hostel allocation system