WELCOME TO INTERNAL
QUALITY ASSURANCE UNIT.
ABOUT US The Internal Quality Assurance Unit of Yaba
college of Technology was established in July, 2009 as a policy response to the
Federal Ministry of Education directive to all Higher Institutions in Nigeria
to establish Quality Assurance Units to ensure Institutional
effectiveness. The overall aim is to
inculcate the culture of best practices in service delivery. The Unit is
located on the 2nd Floor of Zenith Bank Building.
The Unit Terms of Reference are to:
1. Draw up policy guidelines
for the College for the achievement and maintenance of appropriate Academic
standards for the attainment of its vision/mission statement.
2. Provide linkage between stakeholders,
students, industries and the College.
3. Ensure the sustenance of quality assurance
4. Ensure that College policies are in agreement
with globally accepted quality assurance standards.
The Unit is headed by a Director and seven Coordinators drawn from
different Schools in the College. The
pioneering director Dr. A.M. Olaseni spent 13 months handed over to the present
director in September 2010, Mrs. Bikomo E.O. who handed over in January 2015 to Dr. Aledare who then handed over to Mrs Titilayo Ukabam in 2018.
The Unit is structured along two major departments:
STANDARDS COMPLIANCE AND ENFORCEMENT
The duties of this department include but not
limited to the following:
1. To ensure that all
departments adhere to National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and other bodies standards.
2. To ensure that staff-students ratio as spelt
out by international, regional, and local standards are complied with by the
3. To conduct research on wide range of issues
relating to compliance.
4. To organize workshops and seminars for staff
and students on Quality Assurance culture at the beginning of every academic
session and periodically in the session.
5. To conduct feedback assessment research in
order to confirm whether the curriculum meets employers need as well as on
6. To monitor the implementation of approved
College academic calendar.
7. To monitor examinations within the College.
8. To carry out any other duties assigned by the Director.
STAFF/STUDENT EVALUATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The duties of this
department include but not limited to the following:
1. To organize excellence
2. To carry out study on lecturers performance
concerning lecture delivery from time to time.
3. To sensitize staff on development programmes.
4. To sensitize students toward professional
affiliation and development.
5. To collaborate with corporate bodies and
international organizations for industrial experience.
6. To carry out any other duties assigned by the