Yaba College of Technology, established in October, 1947 has graduated over a million young men and women in all fields of endeavour in Science and Technology and are making waves across the globe. The College is proud of this heritage and has worked hard to sustain it.
However, the age of the institution has thrown up natural challenges which the College views could be resolved if all its products are brought on board and in line with the world best practices, the College management, arising from the above, instituted the take off of an Alumni Relations Department in the Registry Unit of the College.
To this end, the College approved the creation of an Alumni Relations Department to perform the underlisted functions and responsibilities:
1. Compilation of an up-to-date Alumni Register
2. Operation of a five-year data base for appropriate inputs and computerization.
3. Co-ordinate the activities of Yaba College of Technology Alumni at International, National, Zonal and Local Levels.
4. Organize Alumni nights during convocation ceremonies for interaction with old students.
5. Organise workshops/seminars on Skills Acquisition for prospective graduates.
6. To maintain the network between Yaba College of Technology and its Alumni, with a view to building a strong committed and loyal alumni community.
7. Organise and implement strategic and tactical plans to expand and broaden existing individual programmes, which include targeted fund-raising events.
8. To connect the alumni with current students in order to provide a forum for the alumni for exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues of the day.
9. To raise funds for various welfare and other schemes in the College as approved by the Association.
10. To foster the spirit of brotherhood and comradeship among the alumni of the College.
11. The Alumni Relations department plays a double role of coordinating the Endowment efforts of the College which comes in form of funds.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT – MR. ADEKUNLE ADAMS, DEPUTY REGISTRAR, ALUMNI RELATIONS