The Institute of Petroleum Technology is a tripartite agreement between Yaba College of Technology, Global Maritime West Africa Limited (GMWAL) and Society for Underwater Technology (SUT). The immediate past Governing Council of the College approved this partnership. The objective in setting up this institute is to bridge the gap between the industry and the academia especially in the area of practical hands-on experience specifically required in the Oil and Gas sector of the economy.
The essence of the institute , therefore, is to make trainings available to young Nigerians whose expertise are required to handle various technical positions in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria.
2.0 VISION, MISION AND PHILOSOPHY
IPT – YABATECH VISION STATEMENT:
· To become the world’s foremost Institute for skills acquisition, technical education, career conversion and poverty alleviation.
· To become the centre of excellence in engineering, professional studies and competency training that challenge the knowledge, understanding and proficiency of candidates.
· To become the leading energy Institution for the creation, dissemination and application of knowledge in technology development and sustainable studies.
IPT – YABATECH MISSION STATEMENT:
· To create environment of close cooperation between the educational Institutions and the industry.
· To promote focussed and collaborative research and development programmes for real - time knowledge transfer.
· To develop skilled individuals and equip them with the right leadership and entrepreneurship programmes to meet the challenges of the industry in a developing economy beyond the 21st century.
IPT – YABATECH MANDATE:
· To harmonize technological advances
· To promote technology transfer
· To develop educational programs
· To design, develop and transfer knowledge in energy industries (RESEARCH)
· To train extremely specialized professionals for the industry (EDUCATION)
IPT – YABATECH WATCHWORD:
· Training Technicians and Graduate Engineers for the Industry.
· Platform for Capacity Building & Career Conversion.
· Promoting Energy Education Globally.
· Translating Engineering Fundamentals into best Practices.
· Providing advanced expertise and innovative education.
· Promoting Uniform and Standard Subsea Education.
· Alleviating Poverty through skills Acquisition and Training.
· Providing additional benchmark of quality to your degree – Chartered Engineer Status.
· Turning Ideas into Leading Companies.
· Stage for Career Destiny Fulfilment.
3.0 KEY ACHIEVEMENTS.
· Inauguration of Board of Trustees and Unveiling of gthe Institute of Petroleum Technology
· Commencement of activities for the setting up of Modular Refinery in Epe Campus
· Commencement of Academic activities for the year 2017/2018 Academic session with the publication of advertisement for the programme in the Punch Newspaper of Thursday, November 9, 2017.